Sunday, May 18, 2014

Life is fucked.

This morning I woke up.
I made coffee.
My mom and dad drank some coffee.
Trudging to my bedroom I sat at my desk in front of my computer.
Almost, automatically really.
I sat down. And wrote 2,000+ words. Then I read through the short story, and added over 700 more.
I'm surprised this happened.
It seems to have lifted some tension from existence for me.
I guess you could say it was slightly cathartic.
I'm going to do this every morning. I want to sit down and write at least 2,000 words.
It would be really cool if I built up enough momentum I get to the point where I write more than that.
I didn't really edit the story much. I probably should have sent it to Jack. He made me sad today. I tried explaining Alt Lit to him and he didn't really get it. He said it sounded like a hipster lit clic for the stupid. Well, sometimes he's stupid. Even though he's one of the smartest people I know. It got me down a bit after I spent all morning writing. I was excited to show him it. Now I'm afraid he'll think it's stupid. So, he'll never see it. Oh well. I don't like letting people I know read my stuff. It's weird. It's almost like getting walked in on while jacking off.

Anyway, I don't know. Life is fucked but I'm going to keep writing.

Keeping this blog will help.

It's 10:18 PM Sunday, May 18th 2014.
And tomorrow I'm going to wake up and write.

No comments:

Post a Comment